This policy concerns your personal data and technical information about your use of the website www.plumdata.org. It does not relate to your business data which will be covered under the Membership Agreement if you join up.
We explain here the basis on which we will process the information we collect from you, or that you provide to us. Please read it carefully to understand our policy and practices regarding this information and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation ("GDPR"), the data controller is Plum Data Limited of Eccleston Yards, 25 Eccleston Place, London SW1W 9NF.Please contact us at this address, or at Plumteam@plumdata.org or by telephone on 0203 405 5510 if you have any questions or concerns
SO WHAT IS THE INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU?
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you and the business you work for by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, details of the sites within the business you work for, details of the business, and financial and bank account information
- Information we collect about you. With regards to each of your visits to our website we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks and mouse-overs) and methods used to browse away from the page.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We may also work closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers and credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
Strictly necessary cookies
These are cookies that are required for the operation of our site. They include, for instance, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our site.
These cookies are designed for "analytics" to help us learn how our site is performing and make relevant improvements.
These cookies allow the site to remember choices you make, for instance to remember log-in details
HOW DO WE USE THIS INFORMATION?
- Information you give to us. We may use this information:
- to notify you of news and developments in Plum Data’s products and services
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are like those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, please inform us;
- to notify you about changes to our service; and to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- without prejudice to the generality of the terms set out above if you enter this site you agree that we may contact you through pop-ups or by email to inform you of matters relating to the business of Plum Data Ltd. If you fill in any details on the website you agree that we may contact you, and the business whose details are provided by you, through pop-ups, by email, telephone or post. You also agree that we may store the details provided by you.
- Information we collect about you. We may use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure; and
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your personal data (but not information relating to your or your employer’s business) with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your personal data with selected third parties including:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you; and
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site
We may disclose your personal data to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if Plum Data Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personally-identifiable information in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions and other agreements, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Plum Data Limited, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
WHERE DO WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
The personal data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. Plum Data Limited will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your personal data is treated securely and in accordance with this policy.
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal data transmitted to our site; therefore any transmission is at your own risk. However, once we have received your personal data, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
HOW LONG DO WE HOLD DATA?
We will retain the data you provide to us until we decide we will not be able to provide any of our services to you, or you ask us to delete it.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
We will keep this policy under review to make sure it is up to date and relevant. Any changes we make will be posted on this page.
If you do not think we have handled your information properly please tell us why and we will do our best to put it right. If you are still dissatisfied after that you may complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office. Their website www.ico.org.uk includes appropriate links and general guidance
THANK YOU FOR READING!!
Publication Date 12 December 2018